Senior Digital Media Manager
The Senior Digital Media Manager is a key role on our digital team. This client-facing position will report to the Digital Media Director and collaborate with a dynamic team of digital media specialists to develop and execute media recommendations for our clients.
This position will contribute to client meetings and offer points of view, recommendations and ideas to optimize campaign performance and digital media budgets. In addition, you’ll work with a variety of digital media vendors to bring our clients objectives to fruition.
The right person for this position will be a strategic thinker with a planner mentality. You’ll serve as “quarterback” for the client team, so having strong communication skills is a must. If you like wearing a lot of hats, being busy and working in a team environment, this could be a good position for you.
- Drive client retention, support revenue growth and guide digital media specialists to align client objectives with KPIs to achieve optimal campaign performance.
- Collaborate with the digital team to plan, buy and execute holistic media strategies using multiple digital media platforms; leverage knowledge and skills to determine the most suitable media mix given the client’s business objectives and budget.
- Monitor effectiveness of digital media campaigns, manage optimizations, report and track against client KPIs to ensure delivery of impressions, effective use of budget, etc.
- Stay current on emerging media landscape, media trends and MarTech tools.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with agency teams (account service, creative and traditional media), clients and media vendors and partners.
- Prioritize client needs and be resourceful to solve client challenges; ultimately contributing to client satisfaction.
- Contribute to the team’s knowledge by identifying training needs and providing input for educational initiatives.
- Manage the performance of direct reports and help onboard new hires.
- Lead by example, support Walz Tetrick’s values and positively contribute to the culture.
What You Bring to the Table
- Three to five years of experience in digital media planning and buying, including site-direct and programmatic.
- Experience planning and managing search and paid social campaigns, including strategy development and building budget recommendations.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Terrific attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A self-starter with a curiosity and an eagerness to continue learning.
- Strategic thinker who demonstrates proactive client service skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Works well in a cross-functional, collaborative, team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience leading and managing direct reports.
About Walz Tetrick Advertising
Walz Tetrick is a full-service marketing, creative and media agency in Kansas City. The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce named Walz Tetrick one of its Top 10 Small Businesses in 2022, honoring our resilience, innovation and values. Though we’ve been around since 1967, we approach every opportunity with the same zeal we did when we were just getting started. We look for associates, partners and clients who share that enthusiasm and appreciate our all-in approach to brand activation. With each day, we harness more tools and information to illuminate our way.
Walz Tetrick offers an office culture like no other. CEO Charlie Tetrick values his employees and creates a uniquely positive and supportive culture. We work and play as a family. Our current work hours are “in office” Monday, Wednesday and Thursday with an option to “work from anywhere” Tuesday and Friday.
We’re proud of our strong benefits package that includes a 401(k) with an employer match, long-term disability and dental insurance. We offer excellent health insurance, and the agency pays 90 percent of the employees’ premiums with an option to add a spouse and family. We have a generous paid time off policy that includes days to volunteer at a charity of your choice.
If you’re passionate, strategic, collaborative and kind, with a dose of scrappy thrown in, we want to meet you.
Interested? Excited? We are too!
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.