If being part of a team that leads clients and drives multi-channel campaigns gets your blood pumping, we want to talk to you. We’re looking for a high-energy account manager with a head for business strategy and a heart full of passion for working in a creative, team-oriented environment.
You’ll work cross functionally, collaborating with both internal and external teams. At WTA, no two days are the same. This full-time position will support one or more of our B2B, higher ed, healthcare, franchise or financial services verticals.
- Lead the day-to-day responsibilities on multiple accounts and manage client expectations across several clients.
- Develop positive and productive working relationships to establish trust among all client and associate touch points.
- Work closely with project managers using the agency’s project management tools to juggle, prioritize and deliver on multiple projects and deadlines, both internal and external.
- Be attentive and provide polished, high-quality work product to clients and associates.
- Become an expert in each client’s business; stay on top of key issues, industry trends and the competitive environment.
- Proactively navigate unforeseen issues and bring new ideas and solutions to the forefront.
- Work closely with integrated media, creative, accounting and new business teams to meet budgets, timelines and deliverables.
- Consistently demonstrate project leadership by being prepared, thorough and accurate.
- Additional responsibilities may evolve as account and client needs change.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 2-4 years of account management experience, preferably in an agency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong time and project management abilities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable, trustworthy and team focused.
- Exhibit poised and professional behavior.
- Critical and strategic thinker; able to think on your feet and react quickly and effectively.
- Ability to identify and solve problems and independently cultivate a point of view.
- Passion about business – always thinking of ways to improve/grow current clients.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience leading and managing direct reports.
- Experience working in an advertising or media agency.
About Walz Tetrick Advertising
Walz Tetrick is a full-service marketing, creative and media agency in Kansas City. The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce named Walz Tetrick one of its Top 10 Small Businesses in 2022, honoring our resilience, innovation and values. Though we’ve been around since 1967, we approach every opportunity with the same zeal we did when we were just getting started. We look for associates, partners and clients who share that enthusiasm and appreciate our all-in approach to brand activation. With each day, we harness more tools and information to illuminate our way.
Walz Tetrick offers an office culture like no other. CEO Charlie Tetrick values his employees and creates a uniquely positive and supportive culture. We work and play as a family. Our current work hours are “in office” Monday, Wednesday and Thursday with an option to “work from anywhere” Tuesday and Friday.
We’re proud of our strong benefits package that includes a 401(k) with an employer match, long-term disability and dental insurance. We offer excellent health insurance, and the agency pays 90 percent of the employees’ premiums with an option to add a spouse and family. We have a generous paid time off policy that includes days to volunteer at a charity of your choice.
If you’re passionate, strategic, collaborative and kind, with a dose of scrappy thrown in, we want to meet you.
Interested? Excited? We are too!
To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Subject line: Account Manager.