Senior Account Manager
Are you energized by teamwork, business strategy and a creative work environment? We’re looking for a high-energy Senior Account Manager to execute multichannel campaigns that drive response rates, sell products and services and accomplish our clients’ business goals.
You’ll work cross-functionally, frequently collaborating with other subject matter experts both internally and externally. No two days are the same in the life of a senior account manager, but we focus on a core group of fundamental activities each day to bring success. This full-time position reports to the Group Account Director and is focused on our gaming and hotel/hospitality client portfolio.
- Develop and maintain active and productive working relationships with clients. Be someone they can trust to communicate information accurately and in a clear, concise manner.
- Develop a knowledge of, and be conversant in each client’s business, business model basics, key issues and competitive situation.
- Manage the internal team responsible for the development and execution of media and creative campaigns for your client portfolio, ensure the work ladders to clients’ key KPI’s
- Anticipate and proactively make the Account Director aware of unforeseen issues. Be prepared to navigate unexpected situations and change; bring thoughtful solutions and ideas for consideration.
- Effectively monitor the work of other agency departments against agreed upon timetables and deliverables. These departments include integrated media (traditional and digital), creative, accounting and new business.
- Demonstrate commitment to the agency “team” with a positive mindset about work, clients and agency staff.
- Establish rapport and trust with a range of staff members assigned to the same account(s). Be able to communicate effectively, acknowledging the expectations of others and being open to assist in any way necessary.
- Consistently demonstrate project leadership traits by being prepared and proactive, thorough and accurate.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage details. Must be attentive, accurate and thorough in work to clients and agency staff.
- Display characteristics of a “self-starter” and be able to take initiative and act without direction when needed.
- Additional responsibilities may evolve as agency and client needs change.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- A minimum of 4+ years of industry or general advertising experience, including creative and traditional/digital media strategy. Strong digital experience is required.
- Experience with traditional and digital media, including campaign performance analysis.
- Experience with budget management and forecasting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong presentation, project management and time management skills.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Critical and strategic thinker able to cultivate a point of view and perspective independently.
- Reliable, trustworthy and team-focused behavior.
- Solid work ethic.
- Experience working with Advantage, Workfront or similar project management platforms
- Gaming/casino/hotel advertising or marketing experience
- Experience working in an advertising agency a plus
About Walz Tetrick
Walz Tetrick is a full-service marketing, creative and media agency in Kansas City. The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce named Walz Tetrick one of its Top 10 Small Businesses in 2022, honoring our resilience, innovation and values. Though we’ve been around since 1967, we approach every opportunity with the same zeal we did when we were just getting started. We look for associates, partners and clients who share that enthusiasm and appreciate our all-in approach to brand activation. With each day, we harness more tools and information to illuminate our way.
Walz Tetrick offers an office culture like no other. CEO Charlie Tetrick values his employees and creates a uniquely positive and supportive culture. We work and play as a family. Our current work hours are “in office” Monday, Wednesday and Thursday with an option to “work from anywhere” Tuesday and Friday.
We’re proud of our strong benefits package that includes a 401(k) with an employer match, long-term disability and dental insurance. We offer excellent health insurance, and the agency pays 90 percent of the employees’ premiums with an option to add a spouse and family. We have a generous paid time off policy that includes days to volunteer at a charity of your choice.
If you’re passionate, strategic, collaborative and kind, with a dose of scrappy thrown in, we want to meet you.
Interested? Excited? We are too!
To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Senior Account Manager
Some job search engines, like Indeed, assign salaries to these postings arbitrarily, and cannot be confirmed as accurate.